Monday, May 3, 2010

Art with students from Mrs. Keaton's Class



For my "all about me" vase I used an amphora. An amphora would have been given as a prize. On my vase I drew a tree, recycling bin and a picture of me standing on a stool. I have been recycling since I was 8 years old and I use to need a stool to be able to reach the recycling bin. Under the ground is a tube. The tube represents how when you recycle you are giving back to the trees. Sarah

On my "all about me" vase I drew a horse, a tree and a flower because I like all these things. I drew a picture of myself with a paint brush and a frog which are two of my most favorite things. I put a recycling symbol on my vase because I think it's important. I used geometric symbols to make it look more like a Greek vase. Breanna
I used an amphora and red-figure sgraffito. I liked this lesson because I liked learning about the Greek myths.On my vase I drew a pearl, horse and Poseidon with a triton. I used geometric shapes to represent the land, trees, clouds and sun because Greek pottery always had geometric shapes on them. Andre

I made my "all about me" vase in the shape of a bunny because I like bunnies. I drew all the things that I like onto my bunny. I drew a butterfly, animals and an ice cream cone. I drew pencils and paint because art is my favorite special. I drew a math book because math is my favorite subject. We go camping every year, so I drew a picture of that. I liked doing our own vases, but I'm not a fan of the Greek stuff. Alana
I did the red-figure style vase. I thought this was a really fun and interesting project because I learned a lot about Greek mythology. I also like the Percy Jackson books, so I put the three main Greek mythological gods on my vase. I showed their powers coming together to defeat Kronos. For my "all about me" vase I used a coffee cup. I love coffee. I drew a picture of myself swimming and I drew a pencil and paint brush because I like art. I drew my guinea pig, Coco, a potato because I like french fries, a math book because it's my favorite subject and KFC because it's my favorite restaurant. Brett
I used the red figure style to make a vase about myself. I put the things on my vase that I like the most. I drew myself swimming because I like to swim. The rest of the drawings are things that I like. I love barmadillos and digimons. I used a hydria shape. The hydria was used to carry water.
Logan
I used an amphora. It was used to hold oil. I used the red figure style to draw my designs and geometric patterns. I thought the lesson was fun. I like learning about other countries because I think it's interesting. This project was cool to do. I made my personal vase a cat. Cats are my favorite animal. I put a sun on it because I like being outside. I drew a soccer ball and a D.S. because I like to play these after school everyday. I also drew my friends because I like hanging out with them.
Rachel
On my Greek vase I used the signs of the three major gods in Greek mythology. I added some of the weapons used in ancient Greece and geometric shapes for the sky. I liked doing this project because I like Greek mythology and I like the Percy Jackson series of books. It was interesting to be able to put it on a vase.
Katelyn
I used a dinosa for the shape of my Greek vase. Dinosa's were deep carved bowls without handles that were given as prizes. I drew the Spartans fighting on land and I drew the weapons they would have used. I liked this lesson because we got to draw what we liked. I really liked learning about Sparta which had the most powerful military back then. For my personal vase I used a dinosa. I put 2 palm trees and a hammock because I like to relax. I put athletics on my vase because I like sports and I love to play them. I put roller skating, hockey, basketball, baseball and football on it. I liked the personal vase best because you could draw things about yourself.
Mitchell
For my "all about me" vase, I used an amphora. It was given as a prize and it would have been filled with oil. I did it in the red-figure style. I think this vase best describes me. I put a beach, palm trees, ocean and a boat on it. I think it's fun to play in the sand and I like to be outside. Riley 



I used an amphora. It would have been filled with oil. I put a shield used for fighting on my vase, an award and patterns to make it look like a Greek vase. I liked this lesson because I thought it was creative. Madalynn

I used an amphora. It would have been filled with oil and given as a prize in the Olympic games. I did it in red-figure style. I put Hercules and Cerberus on it and a pattern. I thought the pattern looked cool. I liked doing this project because I liked the sgraffito. Quentin




My vase is an amphora. It was used for oil and as a reward for the Olympic games. I drew Hercules fighting off Cerberus because I thought the story was cool. I used geometric patterns to decorate the vase because Greek vases are always decorated with patterns. I liked the project. I thought it was cool. Zoe

For my Greek vase, I used an amphora. Amphora's were used to hold oil and were given as prizes at the Olympic games. I drew Hercules fighting the three headed dog. I used geometric shapes on the top and bottom. I thought this was a fun project. I like art and Greek myths. I liked learning what vases were used for. Paige



776 BC was the year of the first Olympic games. A crown of olive branches was given to the winner. In 508 BC democracy began in Athens. Democracy means being ruled by the people. 500 BC was the start of the classical period in Greece. A lot of people were interested in arts, imagination, and buildings.
The Greeks defeated the Persians in 490 and 480 BC. The Greek victories kept the growing Persian Empire in check. In 432 BC the Parthenon was finished. The purpose of this huge temple was to house the statue of the Goddess Athena. She was supposed to look over the city-state.
Hannah


*The first Olympics was held in 776 BC and the winners were awarded a crown of olive branches.
*In 508 BC democracy began in Athens. Democracy means ruled by people.
*The classical period started in 500 BC. This period lasted until 323 BC. During the classical period lots of interesting arts were made.
*The Greeks defeated Persia in 480 BC and 490 BC. They defeated the Persians in the battle of Marathon in 490 BC and the battle of Salamis in 480 BC. The battles kept making the Greek empire bigger and bigger.
*In 432 BC the Parthenon was finished being built. It was built to protect the goddess Athena’s statue where she looked over and protected the city of Athens.
Logan


•The year was 776 B.C. when the first Olympics happened and they awarded crowns of olive branches as the prize to the winners.
•Democracy began in the year of 508 B.C. Democracy means ruled by the people.
•The Classical Period was in 700 B.C. and what happened was a lot of interest in art, imagination and buildings especially in the city-state of Athens.
•In 490 and 480 B.C. the Greeks defeated the Persian's, and what happened was that the Greek victories kept the growing Persian Empire in check.
•In the year of 432 B.C. the Parthenon was finished and Athena was put there to look over and protect the city-state.
Riley

The first Olympics were in 776 BC. A crown of olive branches was awarded to the winner instead of a medal.
In 508 BC democracy began in Athens. Male citizens were given the chance to vote in order to decide how the city-state should be run.
500 BC was the start of the ‘classical period’ in Greece. At this time there was a lot of interest in the arts, imagination, and buildings especially in the city-state of Athens. This period continued until 323 BC.
In 490 and 480 BC the Greeks defeated the Persian invaders at the battles of Marathon (490BC) and Salamis. (480 BC) The Greek victories kept the growing Persian empire in check.
The Parthenon was finished in 432 BC. This huge temple was built to house a statue of the Goddess Athena. She was put there to look over and protect the city-state.
Madalynn


It was in the year of 776 BC when the first Olympics happened. They had things such as jumping and wrestling. The prize was a crown of olive branches. In 508 BC democracy began in Athens. The meaning of the word democracy is ruled by people and men were given the ability to vote. 500 BC was the start of the 'Classical Period' in Greece. There was a lot of interest in arts, imagination and buildings, especially in the city-state Athens. This period continued until 323 BC. In 490 and 480 BC the Greeks defeated Persian invaders at the battles of Marathon (490 BC) and Salamis (480 BC). The Greek victories kept the growing Persian Empire in check.
Paige


For some fun and interesting games go to: http://www.poptropica.com



19 comments:

  1. The olympics have changed tremendously since 776 BC. Very interesting!

    ~Mrs. Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our class picture is great.
    I'm commenting for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW YOU WERE KIDDING ABOUT THIS MRS GUECHOW BUT I WILL SAY IT ANY WAY YOUR THE BEST ART TEACHER AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you! You made me laugh and smile. What a nice post to read... you're the best... whoever you are! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this website because you show us working on our vases:)
    EMMA

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool pic!!!!!!! you all look so serious

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS WEB SITE IS GOING ALONG REALY WELL, GOOD JOB MRS.GUECHOW!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HOW YOU INCLUDE ALL OF US IN YOUR SITE BECAUSE WHATS A WEB SITE WITH OUT ME IN THERE!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA. ANYWAY I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU MIX GREEK STUFF WITH ART IN ONE CLASS, IT IS REALY FUN. TO BAD I HAVE TO LEAVE SOUTHEAST IN A FEW DAYS , TO GO TO MIDDLE SCHOOL INSTEAD OFSTAYING WITH ONE MY FAVORITE TEACHERS. BUT I WILL STIL GO ON THE WEB SITE AS MUCH AS I CAN.

    PS. THIS IS THE MOST AEWSOME WEB SITE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE TAYLOR

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know im going to miss southeast too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Taylor! And I agree... what would a website be without YOU!!!

    I am going to miss you too. You are an awesome artist and a very nice person. You have always given your very best effort in art and I have enjoyed ALL of the art you have made. Please come back to see me next year.

    Mrs. Guetschow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT WAS ONE OF THE NICEST THINGS A TEACHER HAS EVER SAID TO ME WITHOUT BEING SARCASTIC OR THEY HAD TO SAY IT, AND I PROMISE I WILL VISIT IN 6TH GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-)

    LOVE TAY TAY

    ReplyDelete
  11. me tooo!!!!!!:) i hope art will be fun in sixth grade but i dont it will because how can art be fun without u mrs.guestchow

    ReplyDelete
  12. c00l blog its really cool

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alexa!

    Thank you for your comments!!! And I think you'll be very happy with art when you're in the sixth grade. It's awesome!!

    Mrs. Guetschow

    ReplyDelete
  14. i wish i could go to southest it looks really fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. cool blog it pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this website ms.g i like seeing me on the internet

    madalynn timmermann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gloria (Quentins mom)June 7, 2010 at 1:55 AM

    This was great!!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is a cool site i like all the work i think it is very cool that it can be shown on the computer for everyone to see i love it

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOU ARE RIGHT WHAT WOULD ART BEE WHITH OUT YOU;-)
    TAYLOR

    ReplyDelete